I was recently blessed with a package of heaven in the form of Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes from Mooney Farms. Tangy with a slightly sweet burst of flavor, I thoroughly enjoyed all of these Bella Sun Luci products and have loved finding new ways to use sun dried tomatoes in recipes.
Be sure to read to the end of this post for your chance to win a package of your own.
The Bruchetta blend was perfect as a spread on toasted french bread slices. My daughter and I pretty much finished off the whole jar in one sitting.
I added the julienne cut tomatoes to cooked spaghetti with garlic and butter for a quick and easy side dish. You can also add the dried ones to any salad for an extra tang.
One of my staple recipes for a quick and simple dinner is Penne Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce. Normally I use tomato paste and Italian seasoning. This time I substituted the Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce and there was no need for the additional seasoning. Absolutely DELICIOUS!
Anyway I cut them – or cooked them – or spread them – they did not disappoint.
Bella Sun Luci products are available at many stores nationwide. My local Walmart had them but they were a bit difficult to find. I ended up locating them in the produce section on a free-standing shelf with the nuts – go figure? You can also find them in the grocery section of Amazon.
These wonderful sun dried tomato products have inspired me to try some new Mediterranean style recipes too. Check out more awesome recipes and the health benefits at the Mooney Farms website.
Enter to win a Variety Package of Bella Sun Luci products—
Easy contest open to U.S. residents only (Free to enter). Two lucky winners will receive a package of Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato products.
Each package contains a variety of 6 products:
- Julienne Cut with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Italian Herbs (8.5 ounce)
- Bruschetta with Italian Basil (8.5 ounce)
- Tomato Halves with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Italian Herbs (8.5 ounce)
- Tomato Pesto Sauce with Whole Pine Nuts (8.5 ounce)
- Julienne Cut with Greek Oregano, Basil & Garlic (3.5 ounce)
- Julienne Cut with Italian Basil (3.5 ounce)
Deadline to enter is midnight Sunday, June 10, 2012. Winners will be announced on Monday, June 11th, 2012.
3 easy ways to enter to win:
1. Leave a comment on this post sharing with us how you like to use sun dried tomatoes.
2. “Like” AND “Share” A Simple Kitchen Facebook page.
3. “Like” AND “Share” Bella Sun Luci Facebook page Then tell us yo did by using our Contact Us Page with “Bella Sun”in the Subject line.
CONTEST HAS ENDED.
Congratulations to prize winners Cheryl W. and LaDawn H. (chosen via Random.org) who will be receiving a Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Product package. Please check your email for details on receiving your prize.
- My Favorite Chili Recipe
- November Angel Food Menu – Pork Chops with Carmelized Onions and Beef Broccoli Casserole
- "Angel Food" Menu – Day 3